The Internet is a big place. Fortunately for you, I’ve done the work of scouring this mighty big world wide web to bring you this list of the best resources for writers. These are sites I refer to almost daily. I wouldn’t recommend sites to you that I haven’t visited and benefited from myself.
You can also download this list in PDF here: 10 Online Resources for Writers Who Want to Write Well
1. Copyblogger Copywriting: Copywriting is the art and science of persuasive communication. One of the BEST resources for entrepreneurs who need to write.
2. Writing Forward: Writing Forward is packed with creative writing tips and ideas, writing prompts and exercises, and practical writing tools and techniques.
3. The Creative Penn: Thoughts on writing, publishing, and book marketing by an extremely prolific woman writer. She gets stuff done!
4. Writer.ly: Writer.ly powers the self-publishing movement by connecting writers directly with the services they need to successfully launch and market their books.
5. WOW! Women on Writing: WOW is a global magazine, designed to support women’s creativity, and energy throughout all stages of the writing process.
6. The Book Designer: Book design and production, cover design, consulting and book services for independent publishers, self publishers and authors.
7. APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur: This site offers tons of good information on how to write and publish a book. There are a lot of free resources on this site too.
8. Writer Unboxed: All about the craft and business of fiction includes contributions from beginners, best-selling authors, and industry leaders.
9. Jane Friedman’s Writing Advice Archive: Jane Friedman was the publisher of Writer’s Digest. She has some GREAT advice for writers on her site.
10. Write to Done: Where writers can share what they’ve learned. For both new and experienced writers looking to improve the craft and the art of writing.
Do you have any “go to” writing sites that you refer to all the time? I’d love to hear from you! Create some good karma and share with us.